In this 6-week and 4-week accelerated series, we focus on comfort, evidence and advocacy! These are the topics we’ll cover that will help you and your birth partner prepare for birth! Only 6 spots are available per class, don’t hesitate to register!
- How your Partner can be your Advocate
- Evidence Based Care
- Overcoming Fears and Anxieties
- Comfort Measures
- Stages of Labor
- Navigating the Healthcare System
- Providers (Models of Care)
- Communicating with Hospital Staff
- Know your Rights
- Pain Relief
- Labor Rehearsal
- Postpartum Discussion
- Newborn Procedures
- Baby Care
Private classes – $350
Take a peak at our weekly curriculum:
Class Schedule: All live zoom classes will take place on the same day and time each week, for 6 consecutive weeks. Video material is covered by students, independently, prior to each of the live zoom classes. If opting for in-person classes, we will meet for Orientation and the Comfort Measures Demo (both 2 hrs). Every other class will be held via Zoom.
- Week 1 – Orientation via Zoom (2hr)
- Week 2 – Zoom chat #1 (1hr)
- Week 3 – Zoom chat #2 (1hr)
- Week 4 – Zoom chat #3 (1hr)
- Week 5 – Zoom chat #4 (1hr)
- Week 6 – Comfort Measures Rehearsal via Zoom (2hr)
Accelerated Series Class Format:
4 consecutive weeks of 2-hr Zoom chats
Class One: Orientation & Evidence Based Care
Class Two: Comfort Measures & Advocacy
Class Three: Interventions, Inductions & Birth Plans
Class Four: Postpartum Care, Breastfeeding, Newborn Care, Comfort Measures Rehearsal
All classes include:
- 3 months access to the Online Parent Academy which includes a digital and physical spiral bound workbook, course video modules, a PDF library of EBB’s Signature Articles, acupressure handouts, guided relaxations, printable birth affirmations and more!
- Comfort Measures class to prepare you for birth (yes, you will learn hands on techniques)
- Weekly Zoom calls for more discussions and additional birth resources
- Small class sizes for you and your partner to get the attention you deserve
- 1-hour visual birth planning session with customized printable birth plan (add-on of $50)
- Postpartum Debrief – a 60-minute zoom reunion where we can openly share our births stories and ask questions around 3 months postpartum or earlier (just reach out so we can set something up)
You will also learn about the Evidence on:
Eating & Drinking During Labor
Inducing for Due Dates
Suspected Big Babies
Failure to Progress
Group B Strep in Pregnancy
Prelabor Rupture of Membranes at Term
Pitocin® During the Third Stage of Labor
BONUS: Get exclusive access to Adisela’s Doula Client Resource Library on Google Drive. From labor position visuals to entire books, accessible whenever you need.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can’t I just educate myself online using search engines and videos?
A: A lot of that info you find online? It’s bad or inaccurate! The benefit of the Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class is that we curate all of the best, evidence-based information and get you and your partner engaged in the learning process.
Q: Shouldn’t I just let the doctors and nurses tell me what to do?
A: Routine practices in some hospitals are still about 15 to 20 years behind the research, and there is a lot of pressure to conform to traditions that might not be in your best interests. We will teach you and your partner how to be your own advocate—a skill you can for the rest of your life!
Q: My friends told me that taking a childbirth class is a waste of time.
A: There are a lot of poor-quality classes out there that have given childbirth education a bad reputation. The founder of Evidence Based Birth®, Rebecca Dekker, PhD, RN, APRN, knows how to make classes exciting for young adults. The end result is a class that is motivating and SO much fun to participate in. You will learn more than you could ever imagine!
Q: What will I actually learn in this class that could be of use to me?
A: Our students are most excited to learn about the entire toolkit of comfort measures for labor. We cover pain management techniques like massage, water immersion, upright birthing positions, acupressure, music therapy, and deep breathing, just to name a few. When labor starts, you and your partner will be ready.
Q: When do I sign up for a childbirth class?
A: I recommend 24-32 weeks of pregnancy, but you can take a class at any time! Extensions to the online content are available in 3 month increments for a $30 fee.
Q: When do I reach out for class registration help?
A: If you are wanting to set up a private 4 or 6 week class, use other payment methods (PayPal, Zelle, Venmo), sliding scale payment options, or have any questions at all — email me at: email@example.com
Register here for upcoming group classes:
Evidence Based Birth® is committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for pregnant persons of any age, religion, race, sexual identity, gender identity, or relationship status.
Your payment reserves a spot in the class and is non-refundable. However tickets may be transferable with adequate notice and prior approval from the instructor, Adisela McNamara.
Evidence Based Birth® Instructors are independent contractors and distributors of the Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class and are not employees of Evidence Based Birth®. You can find our terms and conditions for the class here https://parents.evidencebasedbirth.com/parent-membership-terms/